Sunday, December 16, 2012

Colonial Zone.

The same day we went to the aquarium, we, also, went to the Colonial Zone. I am still a little unclear on all the history of it. Some say it was Christopher Columbus' son who lived here and others say it was his brother, Bartholomew Columbus. I will have to read more and figure it out for myself. (While we were at the Colonial Zone, I realized how little I know about history and especially about Christopher Columbus. I am pretty sure what I learned in Elementary school is not quite accurate, to say the least.) Nonetheless, the colonial zone was beautiful and you could feel a unique spirit there. I do believe Christopher Columbus was truly inspired by Heavenly Father and felt that here.
The Kitchen: servants ate the food to check for poison.
Grampie hard at work. He had a lot of calls
because he had a lot of sick missionaries.
Christopher Columbus' son and his wife slept in different bedrooms so in case, someone stormed the "castle" they both would not be killed together. One would have a chance of escaping.
The Wife's Room
This would have been our room.
Iva seemed pretty happy about that.
The Son's Room. Or Shawn's :)
The Study 
Christopher Columbus and son.
A random photo op.
The Colonial Zone was decorated for Christmas. The sunny weather, palm trees, and Christmas decorations sure made me miss Christmases in Florida. 
Merry Christmas from the DR
Christmas with palm trees. 
It was really hot the day we toured the Colonial Zone. We had to make a pit stop for Gatorade- probably the best gatorade I have ever had. (Idaho has made me weak when it comes to heat and humidity.) After we finished all the touring, we went to Pizza Hut to cool off in the AC. Iva handled the heat and being dragged from one place to another like a champ.
Happy to be cooling off at Pizza Hut.
On our way to Pizza Hut, we found Michael Jackson. I knew he was still alive. He is living his life in the DR pretending to be a Michael Jackson impersonator.
Iva was amazed by him. She had to check him out.
I didn't realize she was trying to touch him.
And his awesome dance moves.

1 comment:

Medical School Graduation Banquet

So proud of this guy! Abby West, Jaimee Anderson, and I. Our husbands were med school buddies. Oh, Amanda Sebreros, she saved me s...