Sunday, January 17, 2016

Question #2

When and where were you born? Describe your home, your neighborhood, and the town you grew up in.

(Answering these questions has been harder than I thought. I have so many different memories and my thoughts are everywhere. So my post will probably be all over the place and my grammar lacking.)


I was born April 21st, 1986 in Fort Myers, FL. 

Whiskey Creek (1291 Claret Court) was the first house I lived in. I loved that house (or rather the yard.) I really don't remember much about the inside besides performing in the dining/ living room and the little room that we played duck hunt and Nintendo in. I do remember the added on playroom and a tv up really high in the kitchen (but don't know if that is really true?)

I really remember being outside and just playing outside all the time. We lived right on a creek and I remember fishing for minnows and hoping to find a pregnant ones. One time Kate and her friends helped us catch a turtle- I don't remember exactly what we named her, but it was something like Keisha. We let her swim in the swimming pool and made a home for her in a baby pool. We loved the creek. We, also, played on the tennis court and in the "tree house". And the little wooded area between the tree house and the dock. I remember riding my bike and driving the little Jeep in our driveway. I remember star fruits and hoping that our neighbor would bring some over to us. We swam and swam. I remember having lots of birthday pool parties. The iceberg and swimming with Aaron Thatcher is something I will always remember too. I remember just begging him to swim with us and throw us.









After living in Whiskey Creek, we moved to Heritage Farms (3628 Heritage Lane). We had a swimming pool and remember swimming lots. I remember playing on the playground outside. We had a fun playroom over in the far corner of the house- opposite from my parent's room. Outside of the laundry room was a dog run- I remember Rosie and Josie being in there occasionally. We had a bunny that would escape and run into the woods behind our house. We played lots of soccer games against the Titans (dad) and had to beat him and the neighbors dog who we called Lassie. We would drive the four wheelers around the yard.





I lived in Fort Myers up until I was starting the 8th grade. We moved to Eugene, Or then. We lived at 3300 Hawkins Lane (I am pretty sure that was the address). We have always had a swimming pool. I remember jumping in the pool with all our clothes in the freezing cold and then jumping in the hot tub a lot. Our best friends were our neighbors and we had a little trail, the Shaver/Salisbury trail, between our house and their cul de sac. We had a little barn that had a finished room in it. We watched TV and played out their a lot. There was the mound. We were scared of it at night and I remember running up the ramp as fast as I could at night so no one would get me. The house was made almost entirely of windows. Through reflections, you could see pretty much everywhere in the house including bathrooms. I still remember Sean Salisbury calling one day and telling me what color shorts I was wearing and shirt because he could see me from his house. There was a scary basement with a huge cement box in it- someone told me it was full of dead bodies from being the original stagecoach stop and I still believe them. Someone, also, told me there was a homeless man living in the wine cellar. I believed that too. We had lots of blackberry bushes. Oh, they were good. And random other fruit trees that sometimes had fruit- I think plums. Yum.

While I was on my mission, my parents moved to Eagle, ID. I lived there for a summer or two. And then Shawn and I lived there for a little bit when we were first married and he did an internship at St Lukes and I worked at a Montessori preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Medical School Graduation Banquet

So proud of this guy! Abby West, Jaimee Anderson, and I. Our husbands were med school buddies. Oh, Amanda Sebreros, she saved me s...