Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Cabin

On Wednesday, Barbara/ Dale, Jason/Kelly and the rest of us headed to Island Park and Yellowstone to spend the day and night. 

We got to the cabin a little bit before everyone else. Shawn split some wood to kill time. Iva and Charlie did not want to be left out. They both love helping their dada. 




Once we dropped off Dug and grabbed some lunch, we headed to Yellowstone. We had a great day in Yellowstone. We saw a bear almost immediately after getting into the park. And I cannot believe it, but we only saw one buffalo/bison. We had amazing timing and walked up to Old Faithful right as it started to erupt. Iva and Charlie got special rocks from the village store. They started out with the same amount, but at the end of the night Iva had 11 and Charlie had three and Charlie didn't "lose" any. 






On the way back to the cabin, we stopped for ice cream. Iva and Charlie sure enjoyed their play doh ice cream. 


After a successful day, Iva counted her rocks and Charlie was Charlie. They both settled down quickly and went right to bed. I think that is a first for Charlie- he loves to stay up late when on vacation. 


The next morning we woke up and went to Mesa Falls. I stepped on a live squirrel and nearly peed my pants. Talk about a weird feeling. My phone was dead so I didn't get any pictures, but it was beautiful and we saw a perfect rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Medical School Graduation Banquet

So proud of this guy! Abby West, Jaimee Anderson, and I. Our husbands were med school buddies. Oh, Amanda Sebreros, she saved me s...