Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend


We had an eventful Easter Weekend.

We packed up Wednesday afternoon and headed to Eagle, ID. We made it there about 900 that night and stayed up way too late talking and catching up with the Iversons and Shavers.

Iva had a fun time pulling all the books off of the shelf.
Thursday morning, we woke up and ate breakfast and were on our way. Shawn had an interview in Yakima so he and I headed to Yakima. Grammie convinced us to leave Iva behind. I had never left her over night and it took some adjusting and a few tears.
Iva loves her Aunt Meg.
She suddenly got huge while we were gone :(
Iva was in good hands. 
Iva hanging out with her cousins.
Iva even had her first trip to McD's while at Grammie's

Idaho, Oregon, and Washington all in a day. 
Shawn and I made it to Yakima and had a fun time exploring the city a bit. It is very rural and small. However, we did find a good little Chinese restaurant. After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and tucked in for the night. We were in bed by 9 :)
The best egg flower soup I have ever had.
I was hoping I got Shawn's fortune... we will see. 
The next morning, I dropped Shawn off at his interview and headed back to the hotel to take another nap. After sleeping for awhile, I checked out of the hotel and went exploring a little bit on my own. Then I met Shawn and we headed back to Eagle. On our way back to Eagle, I lost a filling out of my tooth. That was a downer.
My tooth pain :(
The whole in my tooth. 
We made it back to Eagle right around 8 and just in time for the Florida Gator game. We met the adults and Iva at Wingers to watch the game. We had a good time and it helped that Florida won.
Iva was happy to see her dada.

The next morning (Sat), we woke up and did some Easter shopping. After shopping, we had a delicious Easter lunch and then hit the road yet again.

Easter Day ended up being very low key. Iva caught a cold over the weekend and was a grumpy, little baby. She slept most of the day. We decided to head to great grandma's and give it a go. Iva actually was pretty happy and we had a good time.

Now it is Monday and we are playing catch up. I think it might take the whole week to catch up :) But at least my life will be happy and peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great weekend. Iva is getting so big, and she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Medical School Graduation Banquet

So proud of this guy! Abby West, Jaimee Anderson, and I. Our husbands were med school buddies. Oh, Amanda Sebreros, she saved me s...