Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finding Nemo

Yesterday, Shawn and I got the first "cycling" fish for our tank.We picked one that is supposed to be good for beginning tanks, easy, and cheap (just in case.) I really wanted green chromis, but Petco didn't have any of them in stock. So we ended up with a four striped damsel.

Last night, he seemed to be fine. He was swimming around, eating, and wasn't bothering the 10 hermit crabs in the tank. Well, sometime last night that changed.

I woke up at 6 am to Shawn shining a flashlight in the tank. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

"What are you doing?"
"I can't find my fish. And I didn't want to turn on the light and wake you up."
" I am up now. Turn it on."

Shawn spent the next half hour looking for his fish. He looked everywhere- under the fridge, tank, bathroom, etc. He completely took apart his tank and finally found the fish. Fish had a finding Nemo moment last night and swam into the pump. Unfortanetly, he was no Nemo and we no longer have a cycling fish.

5 comments:

Medical School Graduation Banquet

So proud of this guy! Abby West, Jaimee Anderson, and I. Our husbands were med school buddies. Oh, Amanda Sebreros, she saved me s...